Engineering Confidence since 1946

CLARKSVILLE WATER TREATMENT PLANT

MWY PIONEERS THE USE OF ARKANSAS RIVER WATER
Scope Of Work New Water Treatment Plant CONSTRUCTION COST: $5 Million; Expansion $3.1 Million
Schedule COMPLETED: 1993 EXPANDED: 2003

Project Detail

The Clarksville Water Treatment Plant was constructed in 1993 as an 8-MGD facility with the capability to expand to 12-MGD with the addition of one clarifier.

MWY pioneered the use of Arkansas River water as a raw water source for this project using Piney Bay, an impoundment on the Arkansas River created by Dardanelle Lock and Dam. An alternate raw water source is Lake Ludwig/ Spadra Creek.

The treatment facility includes dual raw water pump stations, chemical feed facilities, dual solids contact upflow clarifiers, four constant rate filters with dual media, air scour, one 5-million gallon clearwell (which also serves as system storage), and sludge lagoons.

This plant was the first in Arkansas to use ozone as the primary disinfectant and granular activated carbon as a filter media for SOC removal.

In 2003, the plant was expanded to its current capacity of 12 MGD, and MWY again serviced as the prime on the project, providing design and construction administration services.