Engineering Confidence since 1946

CROXTON WATER TREATMENT PLANT

ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION AND UPGRADES
Client Beaver Water District
Scope Of Work $35 Million Original / $42 Million Upgrade
Schedule COMPLETED: 1992 upgraded in 2002

Project Detail

In 1992, the Hardy W. Croxton Water Treatment Plant was constructed to operate in parallel with the existing Joe M. Steele plant.

Initially, the plant included chemical feed facilities, pump injection flash mixing, dual horizontal directional flow flocculation and sedimentation basins, eight constant rate filters with 6ft deep anthracite media, surface wash and air scour, two 6MG clearwells, sludge lagoons, and new high service pumping stations to Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville.

In 2002, in association with Montgomery-Watson-Harza, MWY undertook another expansion of the Beaver Water Treatment facilities, expanding the Croxton plant to a capacity of 100-MGD, for a total combined capacity, including the Joe M. Steele Plant, of 140-MGD. This expansion included adding new buildings and related process structures. The cost of the project was approximately $42 million.